Student Recruitment in the Caribbean and Guyana
The top 10 reasons to come to Centennial College in Toronto, Canada or Conestoga College in Kitchener, Ontario are:
- 1. The students receive a quality education that is taught by faculty members who
have had industry experience in the course that they are teaching. Class sizes are
small and there are world class laboratories. Centennial College is Ontario’s oldest
Community College and is a public funded non-profit educational institution. There
are four campuses in the east end of Toronto which allow for that small college
feel but all of the resources of a large campus.
- 2. Courses are designed to provide students with an education leading to employment.
Some courses have a “co-op’ element where the student, while taking the course gets
to work in their field of study and be paid for it. Toronto is also the financial
and employment centre of Canada so chances of employment are greater than other
parts of North America.
- 3. Southern Ontario’s cost of living is low compared to other cities in the world
with rents in a shared residence room at $4400 per year and Canada is a major producer
of food with a plentiful supply and low costs.
- 4. Students can get a work permit after graduation allowing them to work full-time
for the number of years that they took their course. The student can get global
work experience and earn a full time salary.
- 5. Centennial continues to invest in infrastructure for the students. A new library
and academic facility along with an Athletics and Wellness Centre is scheduled to
open in 2011. Conestoga has a new campus near Kitchener, Ontario.
- 6. Toronto is one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world. Centennial has
over 3,000 international students on campus.
- 7. There are regular flights leaving from Toronto to the Carribean on a daily basis.
- 8. Toronto is ranked as the safest large metropolitan area in North America by Places
- 9. Tuition costs including student fees and medical coverage are around $12,500(CAN)
annually which is cheaper than a Canadian or American University. If you consider
that living costs would be around $12,000(CAN) this amount can be comparable to
the total cost including tuition of study in the UK.
- 10. Engineering Technician and Technologist courses are recognized by the Ontario
Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).
The Topnotch Group of Companies has also recently been chosen to represent Conestoga
College of Kitchener Ontario in courses that Centennial College does not provide.
These courses include degree level programs: Bachelor of Applied Business in Accounting,
Audit and Information or International Business Management; Bachelor of Applied
Technology in Architecture; Bachelor of Applied Technology in Mechanical Systems
Engineering. The courses are offered at Conestoga’s campus about 1 hour west of
Toronto and are extremely cost competitive(40% less than university costs) versus
Courses begin in September, January and Business courses in May and it is always a good idea to register early in order to reserve a place and give enough time to process a Canadian study permit. Courses such as 6422 Game Art and Design, which is the creative side of gaming, and 3109 and 3119 (Co-op) Software Engineering Technology- Interactive Gaming, which is the programming side of gaming, are popular so it good to apply as early as possible.
Go to centennialcollege.ca/International centre for more information on courses and an on-line application form. Please fill out our agent/contact info and approval if you are preparing an application form so that we can provide you with free information and advice on all matters relating to coming to Centennial or Conestoga College.
If I can be of any help in assisting you in attending Centennial College in Toronto, Canada or Conestoga College Degree courses in Kitchener, Ontario please contact me.
Topnotch Group of Companies
An Agent for Centennial College and Conestoga College
2365 Finch Avenue West Suite 207
416-742-0808 Ext 201